This peaceful valley, at an elevation of 7,135 feet, once held Fort Tularosa. Built in 1870, the fort protected the Apache Indian Agency from the Ojo Caliente Apache band.
Before 1906, Aragón was known as Joseph. Since then, the name has been Aragón. The town was named for an old Spanish family who still live in the area.
The Continental Divide crosses NM highway 12 in the hills east of Aragón.
- Santo Niňo Church - mass, Sunday 9:00 a.m.
One of the many beautiful sunsets in Aragón