Cities and Towns
Communities are spread through the area with wide-open country and few services between. It's best to plan ahead and ask for advice from the friendly people who live here.
On the Maps page, you'll find town locations and links to interactive maps that you can zoom and move. For more information on a city or town, click on its name in the list below:
- Alma (on US 180 north of Glenwood)
- Apache Creek (on NM 12 between Reserve and Datil)
- Aragón (on NM 12 between Reserve and Datil)
- Cruzville (on NM 12 east of Reserve)
- Datil (on US 60 at the east end of NM 12)
- Glenwood (on US 180 northwest of Silver City)
- Luna (on US 180 near the Arizona border)
- Mogollón (on NM 159 east of Alma)
- Mule Creek (on NM 78 near the Arizona border)
- Old Horse Springs (on NM 12 west of Datil)
- Pie Town (on US 60)
- Quemado (US 60). Also see Quemado Lake.
- Reserve (near the western end of NM 12)
One of the churches still standing in Mangas, in the heart of the old country of the Apaches, one of who is Mangas Coloradas (red sleeves). The Alegres Mountains are in the background.