The town of Glenwood is 65 miles northwest of Silver City on US highway 180, at an elevation of 5,670 feet, near the San Francisco River. Around 300 people live here.
Glenwood started in 1878 on Bush Ranch, which was later renamed White Water for the creek that runs through it. During stagecoach days, it was called Glenwood Springs. In 1901 the name changed to Glenwood.
New Mexico's first powered airplane flight happened near Glenwood in 1909. One of the biggest attractions today is 5 miles east, the Catwalk.
- Bighorn Campground (Forest Service)
- Double T Homestead. 575/539-2812
- Lariat Motel. 575/539-2361
- Sundial Springs: camping, hot springs, hiking (at end of forest road 519). 575/539-2712
- Whitewater Motel. 575/539-2581
- Golden Girls Cafe: breakfast 6-11 AM 7 days a week. 575/539-2457
- Mario's Pizza & Video. 575/539-2316
- Udder Delight Coffee Shop. 575/539-2060
Glenwood, home of the Catwalk, which draws many visitors throughout the year.