Why Use the Z Shell?
These are the slides for my talk on
31 January 2001 at the
Linux World Conference & Expo.
Summary: Linux users tend to use the bash shell.
This talk covers some of the reasons you might want to use zsh,
the Z shell.
You can get all these slides as a gzipped tar-format archive:
- Why Use the Z Shell? (Intro)
- Jerry Peek
- What's a Shell?
- Shell "Styles"
- Powerful Built-in Editors
- Has Bourne and C Shell Syntax
- Many Little Nice Touches
- More-Powerful Globbing (Wildcards)
- More More-Powerful Globbing (Wildcards)
- (Much) More About zsh
Contact Jerry Peek